Best price booking

Quebec city

Boutique Hotel in the heart of Old Québec - Hotel Château Fleur de LysHotel Château Fleur de LysHotel Château Fleur de Lys

Built in 1876 by the daughter of a rich tycoon at the corner of rue de la Porte and Avenue Sainte-Geneviève, it faces the Garden of Governors. This gives him a unobstructed view of the Château Frontenac, St-Lawrence River, Terrasse Dufferin and the roofs of the old city.

The Governors' garden was laid in 1647 west of the Château Saint-Louis, now extinct, by Charles Huault then Governor Montmagny. Originally, it was the private garden of Governors of New France, which makes it one of the oldest gardens in North America.

In 1828, Governor Dalhousie inaugurates the center of the garden, the Wolfe-Montcalm monument. This obelisk 20 meters, a tribute to both the French and British general who died at the Battle of the Plains of Abraham in 1759, mentions the following epitaph: "Their courage gave them a common death, the same famous history, posterity the same monument. "

After the castle of St. Louis fire in 1834, the people of Quebec were starting to access and walk to the garden which was private before. 

In 1868, the Jardin du Fort, another name for the Garden of Governors that the first sparrows, imported from Europe, were released in Canada.

Hotel Château Fleur de Lys
Hotel Château Fleur de Lys


Two
new
Suites

Two resolutely different atmospheres. As usual Comfort, Originality, Quality and Authenticity are there. Let yourself be surprised