As hoteliers who have a passion for history and places with a story to tell, as well as for decoration and design, we strive daily to restore to this mansion its « family home » charm, just as Mrs. F. A. White would have imagined it. Concealed decorative elements discovered during the process provide inspiration as we restore rooms lost to time. Our goal has been to transform this beautiful home into the most delightful Boutique Hotel of Quebec.
The Florence A. White Suite occupies the former
apartments of the first owner, whose story and painted portrait have been
graciously shared by her great-great-grand-niece Mrs. Edwards, to whom we extend heartfelt thanks.
Even as some try to copy our style, we hold our course and have many more projects and ideas in store, so that the cozy Boutique Hotel that we and our team have created for you remains unique not only for its decor and its philosophy, but for the service offered throughout your stay.
Bienvenus dans la maison White.*
*Welcome to the White house.
It is under the name “Au Château Fleur de Lys” that the house became a hotel.
In this year, the home was transformed into a rooming house under the name Park View House, Select Guest House.
From 1910, the White home was sold and subsequently passed on to eleven different owners, one of which was Télesphore-Damien Bouchard who served as Minister for the governments of Mr. Godbout and was a Senator to Ottawa in 1944.
From the very beginning, the aristocratic dwelling benefited from the most modern amenities of the time, as did Ravenscrag, the family’s illustrious residence in Montreal.
No exposed stone or brick walls here; masonry and beams were covered with noble plaster, molding, wainscot paneling and coffered ceilings. Comfort was ensured by gas heating and lighting.
Mrs. White’s father, Sir Hugh Allan, who had emigrated from Scotland in 1826, was then the greatest ship-owner and wealthiest man in Canada, as well as being the President and founder of the Merchant’s Bank.His ships crossed the Atlantic bearing furs or wood and came back from Europe ballasted with “Scottish” bricks, which would be used to build the Whites’ mansion in 1876.